Saturday, January 31, 2009

Gaze in wonder . . .




I had my two-week doctor's appointment on Friday, and the doctor pretty much confirmed what Mom and Dad already knew: I'm awesome. I'm above my birth weight already, so I'm eating plenty, and the doctor said I am healthy and strong. She was amazed at how well I could move around, especially after I rolled all the way from my back to my stomach in front of her! She said that I may be two weeks old, but I'm acting more like a one-month old. At this rate, I can get my drivers license when I'm 8!

The doctor also said I'm pretty smart, because I can go from a breast to a bottle to a pacifier without getting confused. I don't see what's so hard about that: two out of three of them have food in them, and one is good for when I just want to unwind. I don't know why I'd be picky about a bottle or a breast, so long as it's mama's milk!

You'll be happy to know that I also kept up my record for peeing on doctor's offices. Three for three! This time, I waited until they had put me on the scale and everyone was watching to see what my weight was before I let fly. Then, when we got home, I managed to pee on Dad and Mom at the same time while they were changing me! That's got to be worth extra points.

So I'm health, strong, smart, and generally good-tempered. I'm also getting steadily cuter. My face changed completely over the last couple of days, to the point that Mom and Dad were a little weirded out. Look: the first picture is from two days ago, and the second one is today. Would you believe we're the same person?


Mom and Dad are a little torn by how quickly I'm developing; they can't wait for the next milestone, but they also wish I could stay little forever. But we're all excited to see what I become.

Watch this space!

2 comments:

  1. I'm a first time mom who found this blog through a Baby Center post a while ago. Oliver is gorgeous! I hope it's OK, I've been watching this blog closely since we came home from the hospital. We had our son on 1/22, and your blog reminds me a lot of him and the things we're going through. My husband enjoys reading your entries as well. Best wishes to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats that he takes both breast and bottle! be sure you keep offering him both, lest he decide that he's strictly against the latter just when you decide to try letting mom out of the house for a few hours... (it often happens that they become really picky around 2 months old, but I hear a couple bottles per week is enough to stave off The Dragon)

    ReplyDelete