Sunday, January 18, 2009

It's a onesie! Says who? Calvin Klein!



Well, last night was a busy night for me and Mom and Dad. I learned some new things, and they learned some new things, and it was practically an after-school special by the time we were done!

I learned how to hold my head up yesterday! When mom put me on her shoulder, I lifted my head up and looked right at her and then at grandma and at the bookshelf--just checking things out.



I also learned how to really maximize the power of my vocal cords. I used to just have cute little cries that Mom and Dad thought were precious. Last night I really found my voice: now I can sound like a pterodactyl with a Marshall amp when I want to! It's a cry that's so loud it rattles Mom and Dad's brains a little bit. It sure makes them pay attention to me!

So last night I just wasn't happy until well into the wee hours of the morning. First I needed a diaper change, then I was mad about being changed, then I immediately dirtied my diaper again and was furious and needed to be changed, then I was hungry but too mad to eat, so I just cried for an hour or so, until I finally calmed down and ate some. I ate a LOT last night, so I must be just about to grow! Maybe I can fit into my snowsuit soon.

Mom and Dad learned that they can sleep while I'm sleeping and they don't have to worry. They bought a little infant positioner that keeps me on my back in the co-sleeper, since I can already roll over onto my side! Once they put that in the co-sleeper and put me on top, I stayed asleep for a couple hours at a stretch.

Today has been much better. I got my very first bath at home; I wasn't sure about the bath to begin with, but I really enjoyed it by the time we were done. Then Mom combed my hair and put me in one of my nice onesies. . It's apparently a hand-me-down from some kid named Calvin, but I like it and I look pretty spiffy in it. As always, there are new pictures of me and even a video on my flickr set.



Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment