Thursday, January 15, 2009

10 PRINT "Hello World!"


Hi, everybody!

My name is Oliver Bradley Thomas Nite. My parents, Josh and Jess Nite, call me Ollie. Before I was born, Mom and Dad didn't know if I was a boy, a girl, or something in between, so they called me Dagmar. Thank goodness they changed that when they met me!

My dad set up this blog for me, so he could write about me in insufferably cute first-person, all the while suffering post-modern angst about it. Let's just call this an ironic adorable baby blog, because that makes it okay.

Anyway, I was scheduled to be born on Wednesday, January 14th. Mom and Dad were going to go to the hospital at 7:30 in the morning, and then they'd break Mom's water and she'd go into labor. But I decided I couldn't wait, and I started labor myself at 10:30 on Tuesday night.

Mom and Dad went to the hospital, and Mom's water broke all by itself at 2:00 in the morning. Twelve hours later, she was ready to push!

Then I got a little lost and turned around and stuck inside mom's birth canal. She pushed for four hours before I came out -- so I'm sure I'll never hear the end of that. "Mom, didn't you wash my gym clothes?" "I pushed for FOUR HOURS to get you out!"

Anyway, I'm here now. I was born at 6:02 on Wednesday, January 14th. I weighed 8 lbs and 4 ozs, and was 21 inches long. My head is still all sore from the vacuum thing they had to use to help get me out. Right now it's 11:41 on Thursday and I've been sleeping since 8 this morning. After all, I was up all night long! I'm still trying to figure out this whole breast feeding thing, but I'm sure I'll get there.

Watch this space!


2 comments:

  1. Just (ironically) adorable!

    Tell Jess that if she needs breastfeeding support - I'm her girl. Kellymom.com and LLLI.org are 2 great websites for breastfeeding as well. It can be a little tough getting started, but SO worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so excited for you guys! Love you lots and lots.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete