Sunday, January 25, 2009

Wee, sleekit, cowrin', tim'rous beastie.


What a wonderful weekend! Saturday, Mom and Dad stayed in bed most of the day and I got to take turns napping on each of them. We watched some movies, but mostly we just rested because Saturday night I got to go to my first party!

It was Burns' Night, a celebration of poet Robbie Burns (and an excuse to drink scotch and eat haggis), and Mom and Dad knew there were going to be a lot of people there who wanted to meet me. So they put me in an awesome outfit that they got just for the party:


and off we went. I did wonderfully well at the party -- I got a little overheated in the crowded room, but didn't fuss too much. I actually was awake a lot of the time, and quietly allowed myself to be handed from lady to lady. Attention from the ladies is, I fear, a burden I shall suffer bravely for my entire life. Mom and Dad were able to have a great time and take care of me at the same time. Eventually we had to go home because they got tired -- I was wide awake! But we all had an awesome evening, even though Mom and Dad wouldn't let me try the haggis or the scotch.

After all that excitement, today was pretty laid-back. My great-aunt Janelle and a couple of cousins(? First removed? Second? My great-aunt's children. My aunts? No -- never mind) came by to visit, and I had a bath, but that's about it. Oh, and an hour after my bath, I peed all over myself, so that'll teach them to bathe me. At least this time they had the diaper halfway on me, so I didn't pee up the wall like last time!

So now Mom and Dad and I are lying in bed, and they're looking at me and sniffling a little bit and wiping their eyes. I'm pretty sure I'm the most loved baby boy in the world, the way they're looking at me! Not even the pterodactyl noise I make when my diaper's wet can change the way they feel. I think we're going to all have a good time growing up together.



Watch this space!

1 comment:

  1. Josh this is the most precious picture!! And in spite of Ollie's feeling he is the most loved baby boy in the world...don't tell him...you were and are loved just as much. Your Papa absolutely adored you, and walked the floor for hours talking to you to get you to quit crying!! Anyway, he is quite precious!!

    ReplyDelete