Friday, January 16, 2009

Strikes and gutters, man, strikes and gutters.




So here I am, about a day and a half old. The past twenty-four hours have been interesting, to say the least. Grandma and Grampa came to visit before bed, and they took turns holding me.

Then around about 12:30 a.m., Mom was trying to get me to breast-feed and it finally made sense! I latched on perfectly and drank and drank until I was stuffed and exhausted. After that, I slept for five straight hours, and after I got fed again, I slept for three more!

So my reward for all of that sleep was a circumcision. Thanks a lot, Mom and Dad. After that, I was a little cranky for a while, which I think was justified. Then there was even *more* poking and prodding and tests, and if Dad hadn't kept holding me and singing to me, I really would have lost it.

So far Dad has sung me "Mississippi," by Bob Dylan, "I'm Your Moon" by Jonathan Coulton, and "All Right For Now," by Tom Petty. My dad is not only devilishly handsome, but he has excellent taste in music! (Actually, I'm not going to go schilling for my dad or my mom. Don't you hate those onesies that say, "My Dad is Handsome" or "My Mom is Hot?" I want one that says, "My Dad is So Desperate for Validation He Uses His Son to Fish for Compliments." Think that'll fit?)

There are still more pictures on my flickr, so make sure and check them out. Mom and Dad are about to pay ridiculous amounts of money for some really awesome professional pictures of me, so I'll post those as soon as I can!

Watch this space!

1 comment:

  1. What a Beautiful Baby! Congrats and enjoy him. My youngest is now 1 and I can tell you the time flies. :) Even those sleepless nights.

    LadyJ (KOL)

    ReplyDelete