Thursday, January 29, 2009

Two whole weeks!



Yes, yesterday was a landmark for me, one in a series of landmarks that shall mark land until land can be marked no more (can you tell Dad didn't get a whole lot of sleep last night?): I turned two weeks old!

I celebrated my bimonthiversary by refusing to poop for twelve hours, until Mom and Dad were slightly frantic. I was up most of the night making the kind of straining noises and movements that it would be crude to describe. Let's just say that the troubles are over, and I am once again sleeping peacefully in Mom's arms.

Oo, I also got a bath again today, and actually enjoyed it this time! I complained when they put me in the water, but after a few minutes, I was really having fun.

I'm starting to stay awake for a lot longer at a stretch, and my eyes are focusing much better. Mom was showing me a toy today, and I followed it with my eyes, and then I reached up and grabbed it! After that, I didn't know what to do with it, but I have to start somewhere, right?

Tomorrow I go to the pediatrician for my two-week visit. If I'm back up to my birth weight, I don't have to get woken up for feedings anymore, which means Mom and Dad can sleep as long as I want to sleep! I think I'm up to my birth weight, probably. I don't know, how do I look from the side? Have I been stress-eating?


Watch this space!

2 comments:

  1. When Paul first looked at Oliver he said, "oh he looks just like his father!" I think he looks a lot like Jess, especially from the profile. I guess you're going to hear every possible thing. What do you guys think so far?

    I can't believe it's only been 2 weeks. It feels like it should be a month by now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, the poop schedule is crazy -- our kid went 36-48 hours between successes, and that was considered normal, so don't sweat it. they all do a lot of "straining" which is just evidence of the fact that all the muscles don't work *together* yet, not any sort of acute problem...

    like the profile!

    ReplyDelete