Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Navel Academy. . .





Today was a big day for me. I turned a week old, and when Dad lifted up my onesie to change me, and my umbilical cord fell off! My belly button is still a little scabby, but at least I lost the big ol' stump Dad left when he cut the cord. Here's hoping it doesn't heal into an outie, leaving me to be shunned by the rest of humanity.

Mom and Dad put me in the carseat again and we drove Grandma to the airport. I acted so cute all morning, but Grandma still left! I slept the whole way there and back, of course, because the car seat is a powerful narcotic for me.

It's been a little lonely in the house without Grandma, but Mom and Dad are having a good time hanging out with just me. Right now we're all sitting on the couch watching Star Trek: The Next Generation. Even a week-old baby can tell it's good stuff!

Tomorrow I'm off to the doctor again, because the home visit nurse said I wasn't gaining weight fast enough. I guess I'll have to keep waking Mom and Dad up for feedings tonight so I can get back to my fighting weight. The way I've been eating, I'm sure there won't be any problem.

I didn't get to wear any of my cute outfits today, but check this out: don't you think everyone should have a penguin hat?



Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment