Thursday, January 22, 2009

The savage breast. . .


Okay, so last night was a little embarrassing. For some reason, I forgot how to breast feed! I woke up at 3:00 in the morning, like I usually do, and Mom set me up to feed, and I couldn't figure out how to do it! Maybe I was too hungry, or something, but I couldn't figure it out. Mom and I both got so frustrated we didn't know what to do!

Finally, Mom and Dad gave me a bottle with Mom's milk. After that, I slept for a couple of hours and woke up hungry again. This time, they gave me the bottle first, and then I breast fed like a champ! What can I say -- I don't really know what happened.

Thank goodness we had a visit with the Nurse Practitioner today, because Mom and Dad were worried about me. But the nurse said that I was perfect in every way -- I've gained enough weight, and I'm eating well. She said not to worry if I don't feed the same all the time, because I'm only a week old and I'm still figuring things out!

We ran some errands and got me some new clothes, and when we got home I decided to show Mom and Dad just how well I can breast feed. So I ate three times between 12 and 4, and I was still a little hungry when I went down for a nap. Dad thinks I'll be six feet tall tomorrow, with all the eating I was doing!

Now we're hanging out in the basement watching Star Trek. I'm happy and content, and so are Mom and Dad, because they know that I'm healthy, well-fed, and irresistibly cute.



Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment