Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Hungry For Caterpillar . . .



For the past few days I've been ridiculously alert and attentive. I hear that newborn babies are only supposed to be awake for an hour at a time, max, but I've been awake for three and four hours straight! I'll lie on my back or side and just stare at everything around me. Sometimes Mom or Dad will put me on their chest so I can practice holding my head up, and then I exercise my neck and stomach muscles until I get dizzy and projectile spit-up.

My eyesight is getting better, too. I can track my toys when Mom and Dad hold them up in front of me. And as the picture up top shows, I was finally able to grab that hungry little caterpillar and give him a good chewing! I also talked to the caterpillar a little bit. It's mostly grunts and squeals right now, but occasionally I'll get in a good "Goo" or "Laa." Mom and Dad can't wait until I can really make baby sounds.

So everything's going well here. Mom and Dad think I'm the funniest person they know. Granted, most of my humor is scatalogical, but at least it gets them laughing. I mean, when you're changing your third diaper in ten minutes, you really need to laugh, right?

We all can't wait for Dad's parents to come. Dad's Mom says she wants to be called Nana, but we're thinking "Granny Beavis." Then after she rejects that, we can go with Mema.

Here's a picture of me before our Super Bowl party. Personally, I thought the Cardinals couldn't catch a break with the referees, but it was still a good game.


Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment