Monday, March 30, 2009

Winter winter winter . . .


You know, I'm starting to wonder what kind of a place we live in. Ever since I was born it's been cold! We had a couple of days two weeks ago where I could go outside without a blanket over my carrier, but since then it's back to 40 or lower during the day, and 20 at night! Mom and Dad have a space heater right next to my crib, but it still gets pretty chilly. I can't wait until I can try on all my cool shorts and t-shirts, or even just lie around in a onesie without having a blanket on me!

Anyway, the past few days have been pretty fun. Mom and Dad went to see Rent on thursday, so I got to spend more time with Abby, my favorite (okay, my only) babysitter so far. I had a really good time hanging out with Abby, but I spent most of it asleep.

After that, Mom and Dad spent the whole weekend just hanging out with me. They took me for a walk on Saturday, because it was almost warm enough to go out (but it got colder on the way back), but mostly we just holed up inside and spent quality time together. Mom is going back to work on Wednesday, so she's squeezing in all the me time she can get! I'm sure I'll enjoy hanging out with Dad while Mom is at work, but for now we're all pretty sad.


My neck and legs just keep getting stronger and stronger! I still haven't rolled over yet because I'd much rather be sitting and standing. I spend a lot of time sitting up with Mom or Dad balancing me a little. They always laugh and laugh, and I can't figure out why. What do you think?


Even though I have my fussy times during the day (mostly when I wake up hungry), you wouldn't believe how much of my time I spend smiling and talking to Mom and Dad, or the wall, or my toys. I'm finally figuring out how my hands work to grab things and, most importantly, put them in my mouth! I'm grateful that Mom and Dad got me so many delicious toys to eat.


That's all for now. I'll let you know how Mom's first day back at work goes. I think there'll be three crying Nites on Wednesday morning!

Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment