Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Grow for it!


The last week has been a lot of fun for me. I'm getting even better at sitting up and standing up, and I'm still not that interested in rolling over. Why bother? That stuff is for babies!


Mom and Dad were watching some of my old videos and can't believe how active I am now compared to them. Basically, if I'm awake and not crying, I'm cooing and smiling, kicking my legs and waving my arms around. I've really started responding to Mom and Dad -- I think they're really funny! They make me smile, and occasionally I'll even laugh.

This past weekend the weather was beautiful again, so we went for a really long walk and I stayed awake almost the whole way! After that, I went to a birthday party for one of Mom and Dad's friends, and again proved I am the perfect baby at social gatherings. It wasn't until Mom and Dad were pretty much ready to go that I decided I was too hot and too hungry and wanted to go. When we got home, I fell asleep so hard it looked like I had fallen from the ceiling!



Now the weather's turned nasty again, and it's 40 degrees and raining every day, so our little family stays inside and in bed most of the time. Mom has to go back to work next week, and none of us are looking forward to that! She'll be able to come home for lunch and all, but I'm going to miss her, and Dad's a little nervous about caring for me all by himself. I'm sure we'll figure it out, though.

Right now, a month or two on the beach in Mexico seems like the perfect remedy for all this anxiety about work and stuff. What do you say, Mom and Dad? I haven't seen the ocean yet . . . it would be educational!


Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment