Thursday, July 30, 2009

San Diego Round-up...



I'm finally finding some time to sit down and write about what an awesome time we all had in San Diego. First, I should mention that I now have twice as many teeth as I used to have! I've got both of my bottom teeth in, and when I laugh, you can see them both. Anyway, the trip. As you can see, I finally got my own seat on the plane this time!

Of course, right after we took this picture, Dad insisted that was *his* seat and I had to sit on his lap. Ah, well. The apartment that we stayed in was really cool -- it was like a hotel room, only with a full kitchen and a little tiny balcony. The bed folded up and turned into the kitchen table! Dad was a little too excited about that.

On Thursday, we went to the beach to hang out with Aunt Andee, Uncle Franz, and Cousin Isa. Dad finally got to introduce me to the Pacific Ocean. It was a little different than the lakes I'm used to, but I kind of liked it.


I also got to play with Cousin Isa a lot, and finally got some payback for all that splashing in Tennessee. Watch out, Cuz; I'm only going to get more dexterous from here!


The convention center was pretty cool. There was a lot to look at, so much that I didn't like being in the stroller all the time, and made Dad carry me around. Whenever he was holding me, I looked around and smiled at everyone I saw. Lots of people said I was the cutest, most alert baby they'd ever seen. Well, duh! Mom and Dad wanted to collect pictures of famous people holding me, but in the end they didn't want to trust, say, Seth Green to not drop me. No offense, Seth, they're just over-protective. Maybe next year! I did get a photo op with the Joker and Harley Quinn, though, so it's all good.


On Saturday night, Mom and Dad went to do some grown-up stuff and told me, as politely as they could, that I wasn't invited. I didn't mind, because I got to practice crawling with Grandma and Grandpa.


I'll bet whatever they did wasn't anywhere near that fun. After all of that, we were all pretty worn out.


So now we're back at home, and enjoying a nice long rest before we head back to Phoenix in September. Hopefully, by then I'll have this crawling thing down pat, and then I can really keep Mom and Dad on their toes!

Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment