Monday, July 13, 2009

A Crowning Achievement!



I've had some haters out there suggesting that I don't write this blog myself; that it's ghost-written, or at least Dad-written. Take that!

Well, it's finally happened. After weeks of sweats, fever, drooling, and chewing on anything I could fit in my mouth and a few things that don't fit, I finally crowned my first tooth! It's my bottom right front tooth, and right now it's so small it just feels like a grain of sand. But it's there, and it's official! Now Mom and Dad can't make fun of me for not having any teeth anymore.


Well, okay, maybe until you can actually *see* the tooth. Now I just need to finish up my crawling, and I'll be good to go. I spend most of my time on my stomach these days, scooting along and playing with all my old toys from this new angle. I finally figured out that I don't have to bury my face in the ground to scoot -- now I can move pretty quick and keep my head up high! If I could just get my arms to cooperate with my legs, I would be 100% crawling. As for now, though, Dad's already having to step up his game. I can go from lying on my back in the middle of the bed to banging on his laptop, or almost hurling myself off the bed, in 0.2 seconds!




With all this new development, it was good to go back to my roots and go see a baby who is only a month old. This is Orion (at least temporarily), and his mom, Lisa.


Mom and Dad enjoyed holding him, and they got a little weepy about how small he is. But everyone could see it's way better to have a baby that smiles, and babbles, and crawls! Orion's a sweet kid, but he doesn't have much personality yet. Oh, well -- I hope Lisa enjoyed seeing what she has to look forward to!

When we got back from visiting with Orion and his mom, Mom and Dad decided I was too big to sleep in the co-sleeper anymore. Since I'm such an agreeable bedroom companion, they decided they'd just move my crib into their bedroom instead of putting me in the nursery.What can I say? They just love my company! Can you blame 'em? As you can see, I've got a sweet setup. I don't know how they're going to both fit in that little crib, but that's their problem!


So I spent one night in my crib, and woke up with a new tooth. By this rate, I'll be eating corn on the cob by mid August.


As always, there are a ton more pictures on my flickr, and Dad just put a couple dozen new videos on my Youtube.

Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment