Monday, June 1, 2009

Nature Boy!


Wow, what a great weekend we just had! We were plenty busy, but still had a whole lot of fun. For starters, on Saturday we took delivery of our new piano! Well, it's not a new piano -- it's actually really old, and will need some love before it's ready to play. But Mom and Dad let me bang on the keys a little, and I can't wait until we can all play it!

Then we went to a hippie baby shower. Since the hippie parade on May Day was so much fun, I was expecting to have a good time, and I did. We all sat in a circle out in the middle of a park, and we all thought good thoughts for the mom and her baby. Mom and Dad got to tell her that being a parent is way more fun and way easier than people were telling her. Dad told her that it's not so much a change in life as a discovery of a new purpose. That made her feel better, and I'm glad Dad knows that I'm his purpose now! We were out of the house for almost ten hours, and I only cried for about five minutes right before I went to bed. Mom and Dad can't believe what a mellow baby I am! I even enjoyed getting passed around so all the hippie ladies could hold me.



On Sunday we spent two whole hours at the beach! I got to stand in the water at the edge of the lake, and Mom and Dad took turns holding me so I could feel the wind blow. Then Mom fed me inside of my little cabana, and I went to sleep in there after watching the top of it blow in the breeze for a while. Mom and Dad both got a little sunburned -- maybe they should get a little cabana like mine!



When we got home, we all took a nap together, which was wonderful. I'm glad that Mom and Dad still appreciate a good nap every now and again.


Then Sunday night we had Dylan and Elaina over for dinner. We ate outside, then we went downstairs and watched a movie. I got a little cranky toward the end of the night, but only because I'm pretty sure I'm going to get some teeth in the next couple of weeks. I'm not entirely sure they're worth the trouble. Maybe I'll change my mind when I can start eating real food.

I'm still trying to post some new videos to Youtube -- they've changed everything around and made it hard to upload a lot of videos at a time, and Mom and Dad have a *ton* to upload. Hopefully we'll get that done soon.

Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment