Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Butt of the Joke . . .


So it's come to this, has it? Mom and Dad are taking pictures of me specifically to embarrass me with when I'm older. Well, let's see how they like it when I wake up at 2 a.m. every night this week! Trust me, it's no trouble for me to add an extra feeding, with as much as I'm growing. If you ever want to sleep again, NO MORE NEKKID PICTURES!

Aside from the aforementioned attempts to humiliate me, it's been a pretty awesome week. Grandma, Great Grandma, and Grandpa came in on Friday for Easter. We had a great Easter weekend with all of my extended family, including Great-Uncle Mark and Great-Aunt Janelle, and my second cousin (or somethin') Lisa and her son, Jacob! Mom and Dad ate more ham than anyone should ever eat that weekend, so it looks like we'll be going on even more walks in the next couple of weeks.


The weather's been wonderful! It's up to 60 and 70 degrees during the day. Dad and I spend a lot of time out on the patio, and when Mom comes home we go for walks around the neighborhood. I can't wait until I can sit up in the stroller instead of lying in my car carrier!

In fact, I can't wait until I can just sit up all the time and be done with this lying on my back nonsense. I practice as often as I can -- whenever Mom or Dad is holding me, whenever I'm propped up a little bit, whenever it would be dangerous for me to suddenly fling my head backwards or forwards, that's when I practice. Dad has already had enough close calls that even though he's bald, he's going gray! It's a good thing I'm getting cuter every day, or who knows how mad he'd be.

I still don't quite have the hang of rolling over, but I'm trying. I just really, really HATE BEING ON MY STOMACH, so it's hard for me to calm down enough to roll. But I'm slowly getting better, even though it'd be way easier to just skip the crawling and get right to the walking!

Mom and Dad just posted a ton of new videos onto Youtube, too. I'm talking and moving around so much that they can't stop filming me! Of course, most of the time I stop as soon as they turn the camera on, but it's still fun to watch me just sittin' there.

Watch this space!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, my! He is absolutely gorgeous!! And really, I am NOT prejudiced at all! Wish I could squeeze him and kiss him ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we have those pants too! I love the Save The Planet onesie, I'll have to look for that one. He's as cute as ever. Here's wishing you more warm weather, we're in the 80s here this weekend in CA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute kid.

    ok, this is totally unrelated to your post but i have a favor to ask of you. i know you dont know me but we have something in common. we both have some sort of attachment to the username 'skullay.'

    for me, it's been an nickname since 1997 and i haven't had any problems thusfar getting it as my username for any account i've signed up for in the past (gmail, yahoo, hotmail, AIM, xanga, etc...) but when i tried to sign up for blogspot a few hours ago i was confronted with a 'this username is not available' message for the first time.

    maybe 'skullhead' was already taken, or you just wanted to switch things up but seeing as you are using your skullay account less often i was wondering if you'd be willing to create another blog on here and transfer your old post over and letting me have the skullay account. i'd put a note up on the page letting all your readers know where they could find you if you wish.

    you can contact me at skullay@gmail.com and let me know your decision either way.

    thanks,
    skullay

    ReplyDelete